Samsung Introduces New Gear VR with Controller
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd today announced the Samsung Gear VR with Controller powered by Oculus, the company’s first-ever Gear VR headset with a controller. The Gear VR with Controller expands Samsung’s virtual reality ecosystem and makes it easier for consumers to enjoy Gear VR experiences.
“At Samsung, we are focused on setting and exceeding the standard for VR experiences, making them even more accessible and delivering the highest in quality,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “The Gear VR with Controller expands our VR ecosystem to help consumers get more engaged and immersed in VR content – whether it’s games or videos.”
GEAR VR WITH CONTROLLER
New Samsung Gear VR with Controller Makes it Even Easier to Enjoy Gear VR Experiences
- Designed for a convenient one-hand control, the Samsung Gear VR’s new Controller offers better motion interaction with minimized head movement for comfortable use.
o Various Motion Input for a Better VR Experience – The Touchpad provides quicker selection and interaction in VR apps, enabling various forms of motion, including the ability to point, drag and drop, tilt, shoot, among other actions, while the Trigger allows for enhanced gaming experiences.
o Minimized Movement for enhanced user experience– The Home, Volume and Back keys located on the Controller give users everything they need in easy reach so that they can keep their focus on immersive content.
o A Secure Grip for Comfortable Play – Even during the most active movements, the Controller’s wrist strap offers a secure grip for comfortable and secure play.
- The updated Samsung Gear VR’s headset strap includes a holder for the Samsung Gear VR with Controller when not in use. Also, the Samsung Gear VR with Controller will support both micro USB and USB Type-C port with converter inbox.
- The Controller will connect via Bluetooth to compatible Samsung smartphones to work with previous versions of the Gear VR.
- For an expansive viewing experience, the Gear VR with Controller offers 42mm lenses with 101-degree FOV (Field of View) and advanced distortion correction technology to minimize motion sickness. The Samsung Gear VR with Controller will support both micro USB and USB Type-C port with a converter in-box. Additionally, the Gear VR will have a strap on the headset to hold the Controller when it is not in use.
- The latest edition of the Samsung Gear VR is compatible with the Galaxy S7, S7 edge, Note5,
S6 edge+, S6 and S6 edge.